- Utility Billing
- Full Time
- 14 - $13.26
Receives citizens' utility payments; processes service applications and work orders; receives payments for various city goods and services; and assists customers in person and over the telephone. Serves as back-up for Cashier/Drive-thru clerk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Receives citizens' payments for electric, gas, and water utility billings and balances cash drawer daily;
• Processes applications for new utility service;
• Processes various utility work orders;
• Receives payments for various city goods and services, including wine and beer licenses, permits, park reservations, animal shelter fees, and garbage bag sales;
• Assists customers in person and over the telephone and answers questions about utility billing as needed;
• Performs duties of Cashier/drive-thru clerk once per week, and in absence of cashier (see attached Cashier/Drive-thru clerk duties and responsibilities).
Cashier/Drive Thru Clerk Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Open and close vaults, set up cashier drawers for start of day;
• Opens and processes all night drop and mail payments and scans all checks and payment stubs to remit plus system, balancing Summary Report;
• Receives, balances, and posts receipts from all departments and post proper GL accounts (Library, BBAC, Animal Shelter, Main Street, Parks, Collection Station, Recycling and the like);
• Maintains and balances petty cash drawer daily and processes all petty cash vouchers for reimbursement;
• Receive citizen's payments and balances drawer daily at drive through window;
• Posts all City Drafts and EFT'S for Commercial accounts;
• Posts all accounts receivable payments to proper A/R customer accounts;
• Posts all other miscellaneous payments (non-utility) receivables to proper GL for distribution;
• Maintains files of all posted transactions with supporting backup by department;
• Enters all daily transactions to Excel spreadsheet and runs End of Day reports to balance, retains copies for accounting department;
• Balances all cashiers drawers daily and prepares deposits;
• Takes all deposits to the bank daily, distributes deposit slips to appropriate departments;
• Process applications for new utility service;
• Processes various utility work orders including connect, disconnect, and transfer orders;
• Assist customers in person and over telephone. Answers questions about utility billing as needed; and
• Acts as backup for the front counter as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!