- Full Time
- 17 - $15.34
Assess electrical needs and problems for new and existing city facilities; assists with electric system at city parks, including street lighting surrounding the parks; prepares electric services for special events; conducts preventative electrical maintenance throughout city departments; assists electric department during large power outages and various electric system components; and operates and maintains various equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs general troubleshooting of electrical systems, including inspecting, noting deficiencies, and correcting deficiencies in various electrical systems of new and existing city infrastructure;
• Prepares electrical systems for temporary special events;
• Works with Public Utilities department to hang community banners and flags;
• Completes work orders and related reports, including recording materials used and time spent on repairs/projects;
• Responsible for the appropriate supply of materials and equipment, including preparing purchase requests and orders, and calling vendors to discuss needs for parts and supplies, and maintaining inventory and stock room;
• Reads and interprets complex blueprints, piping, schematics and written instructions;
• Repairs, replaces, and maintains all city owned lighting, including holiday lights;
• Assists with city park electric system and equipment;
• Assists with electrical and general setup for special events;
• Maintains tools and equipment, including basic carpentry, soldering, pipefitting, welding, and fabrication;
• Operates various equipment, including aerial bucket and truck, backhoe, and safety belt and equipment; and
• Assists electric department during large power outages as needed, and maintenance department, including general building structure, electric, and plumbing systems as needed.
Electrical system management principles, practices, procedures, and safety codes; and standard office practices and procedures; various voltage issues and maintenance. Methods, practices, and equipment used in plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC work; safe operations of plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repair equipment; safe operation of hand and electric tools.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!